Friday, November 27, 2009

Shingles aftermath forever?

Two weeks ago, for the first time in 14 months I felt the aftermath of shingles receding. There was the slightest sensation just above the right corner of my left eye. The shingles aftermath was still there, but barely. In the morning, I awoke to the full fledged, unpleasant presence of the shingles aftermath: swelling, itching, aching, all-around unpleasantness. It hasn't abated since. I wonder how long this will go on? Perhaps for the rest of my life. Along with the day-long and night-long discomfort, there is the exhaustion factor. I get fatigued very easily, sometimes painfully so.

A suggestion: My novel, THE PENCIL ARTIST is available as an e-book on Smashwords, Kindle, and Barnes and Noble; as a paperback on Amazon.

2 comments:

Patricia Rockwell said...

My Dad suffered from shingles for many years. You have my sympathy.

Anonymous said...

I started breaking out with shingles in March. Within a month and after the reash had healed the post tramatica issue came into play. Now it has been six months and no relief in sight. Have not found anything to relieve this except Irica med. I am taking this around the clock and the most mg I can take. If there is a solution I would so like to hear it. I'm miserable!!!!!