Saturday, September 4, 2010

BROWSING FOR FREE ENOVELS

In my relentless search for free novels in the past, I had an in-person browsing technique that provided me with some fabulous reading. I would pick a letter from A to Z, go to the fiction section of my local library (Half Hollow Hills Community Library), and go along the shelf with the authors’ names beginning with the chosen letter, say P for example.
I would read page 84 of the novels that looked interesting to determine if I should take the book home to continue reading.
The modern library with hundreds of thousands, or perhaps millions, of free novels available, just like the community libraries of old, lies within the confines of the world wide web.
The selection process can be the same or a variation on my approach. Some of the sites where you can find free or modestly-priced eBooks: Smashwords (www.smashwords.com), obooko (www.obooko.com), Jennifer Armstrong’s Free-online-novels (www.free-online-novels.com); Adam Decker’s onlinenovels.net; Online novels (online-novels.blogspot.com); and Wattpad (www.wattpad.com).

A suggestion: My novel, THE PENCIL ARTIST is available as an e-book on Smashwords, Kindle, and Barnes and Noble; as a paperback on Amazon.

No comments: