Saturday, September 15, 2012

The aftermath of shingles after four years

I awoke this morning with the usual unpleasant feeling on the upper lid and area around my left eye on this fourth anniversary of coming down with shingles. A couple of weeks ago, I had a hopeful sign that the unending cycle of itching, aching, and disagreeable sensations around my eye, on my forehead and on my scalp might some day end: For about ten minutes, I didn’t feel anything. Then of course, it all came back. I had this experience of freedom from this little plague again a few days later, and again only for about 10 minutes. On occasion when the going gets too rough, I take a Motrin and I put hot compresses on my left eye. Those treatments really ease the affliction. Everyone 60 and older who had chickenpox as a kid should consider getting the shingles vaccine.

A suggestion: My novel, THE PENCIL ARTIST is available as an e-book on Smashwords, Kindle, and Barnes and Noble; as a paperback on Amazon.

No comments: