Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Outstanding download status for THE HERO by Kenneth C. Crowe

My free e-novel, THE HERO, realized 25,198 downloads last month. Originally, I intended to list it in my stats as a best seller, but of course that is an old fashioned traditional publishers term and it is not for sale. So in search of another designation, I arrived at “outstanding download status.” THE HERO is available on Kindle, Barnes and Noble, Apple and Sony. I compare a free e-book download to someone taking a novel from a library shelf. The borrower might read it or return it to the library unopened or having decided it is not worth reading. So I am not under the illusion that every download means a book read.

A suggestion: My novel, THE PENCIL ARTIST is available as an e-book on Smashwords, Kindle, and Barnes and Noble; as a paperback on Amazon.

No comments: